Saturday, October 31, 2009
Reflection
When we started with this blog project, I liked the idea and I was really looking forward on doing it, but when Ms. Hentschel told us that we were doing it for a very long time, it disappointed me. Then we were told to choose a topic that was interesting to us, and that we weren’t going to get bored by it. I was very confused and I didn’t know what topic to choose, first I wanted to make it about something fun, but then I realized that there might not be a lot of information about it. And then I thought of the Top Models topic, and I realized that this was a polemic topic and that a lot of people would be interested on learning about it, I also thought that it had a lot of history and information. It sounded like the perfect topic, because we see models everywhere and everyday and I thought it would be fun and interesting learning a little bit more about them. When writing the posts and looking for information, I found out that it wasn’t the perfect topic anymore. I had really hard times looking for reliable information, and when finding information and used it for a post, I noticed that a lot of the web pages had the same info as the one that I had already used, some others were circumlocution and they didn’t give good details to what I was looking for. Also looking for the answers to the question that I had and answering them with exciting and interesting answers was really a pain for me, that made my brain over work. But I’ve learned a lot of interesting facts, and what people think about modeling. I learned from what models eat and what they do to keep their body in “perfect” shape, to what their life is like, which is not easy and it’s full of sacrifices. Also that modeling career depends on what people want to see, and when they decide that thin models are “out” of fashion, thin models are going to have no job, therefore no way to be auspicious. Now I’m looking for issues and challenges that models face, but not the issues that people make them face, but issues in their personal lives. I want to add some good things about modeling that way my blog isn’t just focused on bad things but it’ll be more interesting and fun. I want to look for info of what they think of their lives and whether they have fun when modeling or not. That way my blog is going to be a little bit more interesting and exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Angy-
ReplyDeleteIm sorry that you are not that interested in your topic that much anymore. I really didnt know that models had to sacrifice a lot of stuff to be cute. I hope finding information for your future blogs will become easier. DOnt give up and keep trying.=')