Saturday, December 5, 2009

Letter to a Leader

Angela Carrillo
93 Meadowood Dr B4
Carbondale, CO 81623

Tyra Banks
Endeavor Agency
9061 Wilshire Blvd.
3rd Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212


Dear Tyra Banks:

I truly like the "America's Next Top Model" show; I think is the greatest show that has ever existed. I also admire you, your career and your beauty, but also the way you have succeeded in the television industry. Your character besides your body and beauty is what makes you so beautiful and popular in the view of the public. Also, the way you support those girls who dream of becoming famous top models like you is really admirable.

However, when watching your show I realize that not every girl will have the opportunity to become a model. I find myself as one of those girls, who are not very thin and not very tall, but who would love to be one of those famous models able to wear what the fashion industry says is “in.” Wouldn't it be easier and healthier if models were not as thin?

Models have influenced women's lives to the point where women are diffident about their bodies, making them try to be as thin as possible, ignoring what the consequences may be. Models were admired a lot more some years ago when they were not very thin, because they had a figure that seemed attainable for every women, perhaps they looked healthier and more natural.

I, as part of the U.S. community would love to see models with a little more body, just like the Hollywood stars, who don’t need to be skinny to be famous and appear on magazine's covers, or to be people’s favorite stars. This would not only help a model to be more auspicious, it would help to decrease many eating disorders between girls and young women of the country.




Regards,


Angela Carrillo

No comments:

Post a Comment